Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal..At Least It Does With God



When I awoke this morning I was prepared for more of the same old, same old, as they say. I don't know who they are but I've heard they say thisI rolled over, snuggled into my comforter and prepared to allow myself a few more moments to fully awaken, while thinking of what I needed to do today. My first thought was I needed to grab my IPad and check my mail because I was waiting for an answer to a rather urgent question I had asked of an Attorney friend of mine. So I jumped out of bed, grabbed the aforementioned device, dove right back under the covers, plumped up the pillows and settled in to see if I had received a reply. I had not, but I wasn't concerned because I trusted this person would get back to me as soon as he was able and so I moved on to check the rest of my mail. While in the midst of going through my email I received a text from my granddaughter and in that moment things went from same old, same old to "Oh happy day, oh happy day".

I saw the hand of God in action. The power of prayer is a mighty thing and the text I received made me want to shout to the heavens "Thank you God" but I don't think I did. So, though it may be late, "Thank you God"! Forgive me for always wanting your help and when you give it, forgetting to give you the thanks and praise you so richly deserve. Before I did another thing this morning I should have thanked you. I was so excited by the news in this particular text that I lost all track of priority. Once again Father, forgive me for slighting you, for as Paul said, in Romans 7:15 I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. The very thing I hate, in this case, was that I did not show my gratitude immediately. But, let something go wrong in my life and I am very quick to show my displeasure. God, you deserve better from me.

It seems that after months and months of agonizing over issues with my first granddaughter, whom I lovingly refer to as 'Pumpkin', the Lord saw fit, in His timing, to give me a sign of hope. Just a couple of weeks ago I gave it over to God because all of my efforts were for naught and I needed to find peace. I should have done this long ago but as usual I wanted to fix it myself. Why,when that never seems to work do I continue to think I know better than God? Why, why, why? I've been praying for something, anything, that would be a clear sign that God was going to bring her through this particularly rough stage in her life and that I would feel a peace, the peace that passes all understanding and I believe today that is exactly what He did. God is so good!

I've been praying that God would bring a Christian into her life, someone she would respect and in whom she might feel comfortable enough to confide. Well, I'm praying that today he did just that. Her text to me was so upbeat that I could almost see her smiling. Understand that in most of her texts she comes across as angry and very depressed. I know there will be ups and downs but for me this is a clear sign of hope for the future of this child I hold so very, very dear.

It feels like God has reached down from above, lifted up my chin ever so gently with his hand, stared into my eyes and said, "My dear child, I have been waiting for you to trust me with all of your heart so that I could bless you, for you see I love you, I created you and I know what is best for you. I know you have been hurting but I have been with you during your darkest moments waiting for you to just "be still and know that I am God".  

Years ago I saw a miracle happen in my daughter's life. I am sure that what happened to her was a miracle, so I've always known that with God all things are possible and yet doubt, another of Satan's tools, kept me from receiving the answer to my prayer. Time for this woman to put doubt away.

Ephesians 3:20-21
20  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  21  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment