Sunday, December 4, 2011

What A Team

Update: December 3, 2011

Three days after surgery Keith is doing pretty well. He is the Keith we all know, the one who always puts others first, makes it his business to put a smile on the face of anyone in his field of vision, is waiting for his next meal, although he has just finished his last one, and wants to be sure that he is caught up on any business in which he is involved. Every day brings improvement but he has a way to go before he is moving normally again. That's okay because I know he will give it his all. That is who he is!

I am, as usual, amazed at his ability to focus on the task before him, even though it may be daunting, with a positive attitude. He inspires me to dig deeper into myself to find that part of me where strength resides. Keith is a glass half full kind of guy where as I am, sad to say, a glass half empty type of gal. Not proud of that believe me. However, I am beginning to see that that is not the best approach to take. 

There have been many times when I thought I couldn't handle one more setback and wondered why God would not give me a break only to have still another trial come along, as if God was saying, 'How dare you question what I am doing in your life and because you still don't get it here is one more trial'. The reality is God can do whatever he chooses and in his time the reason will be revealed. Well, I THINK I FINALLY GET IT GOD. You were preparing me to confront this latest and most difficult trial with an inner strength born from the labor pains of the past few years. Just as labor, though very painful at the time, gives birth to a new life full of promise and potential, the trials I have endured with heartache and tears have given birth to a new and stronger me. God knows what he is doing and I am determined to be the child he has called me to be. I will face this latest trial unafraid of traveling the bumpy road ahead, armed with the knowledge that he is able to keep me from stumbling, that he will be with me every step of the way and that he has given me a new found courage, which would not have been possible but for the lessons learned over the past few years. So, I will praise God through the storm and lock arms with my love as we face the foe together. Three against one. God, Keith and me. What a team.

1 comment: