Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hope Is Infectious

January 4, 2012

It is the day after chemo number 2. Keith seems to be feeling fine but he is sneezing quite a bit and we're hoping it is an allergy. He cannot afford to be sick when his blood levels take a dive, which they will do in about three days, if the pattern follows his first chemo. So prayers are appreciated, specifically, for this issue. 

Keith and I will be heading over to the WCI, at 4:00, so that he can get his shot. This Nuelasta, helps to keep his blood levels from dropping drastically low. They dropped very low after the first round and his oncologist said that giving him the shot was a very good decision because without it his levels would have been dangerously low and he probably would have needed a transfusion. When Sunday rolls around he will most likely begin his four days of bed rest. It depends, again, on whether or not he follows the same pattern and so we just have to wait and see. 

He continues to amaze me with his outlook. I am extremely proud of the way he is handling all of this with such a positive attitude. I have noticed that some of the other chemo recipients also have a very positive outlook. They are easy to talk to and share openly their stories. What you would think might be a negative atmosphere seems to be anything but. These are a special group of individuals and I salute them all for their bravery and humor in the face of this disease. I am truly in awe of them. 

Keith continues to joke around with anyone in ear shot and I love that about him. The folks over at the WCI are a wonderful bunch of people, dedicated to helping cancer victims get through their ordeals with dignity, grace and hope. Hope is so necessary for healing and it is palpable in the chemo area. 
Healing
Optimism
Personal
Enthusiasm
I thought I would be depressed, around people fighting for their lives, but in actuality I am totally filled with a sense of joy and it is due entirely to their lack of self pity. It makes me want to help out in some way and I am thinking of how to do just that. I plan to spend some time with Keith during his next chemo and perhaps I'll come up with a way to get involved, after Keith is through with his treatments. 

January 5, 2012

On another note, I could use some extra prayers for something I have to do today. I cannot discuss it but between the hours of 9:30am and 12:00pm I will be in need of all the support I can muster. So, all of you troops for God, I am counting on you to pray me through this to a positive outcome. Someday I will be able to share but for now I am unable to say anymore. In advance I thank you for your prayers. 

Proverbs 19:5 
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free.

Today is a new day, and life goes on, so we may as well make the best of whatever comes our way. Take time to tell someone you love them, it may cause a chain reaction. Don't wait, none of us are promised more than this moment! 

2 comments: