Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Not Afraid To Use Them!

February 6, 2012

     Well, here we are already two months from when this journey began. A lot has happened, much of it has been written about on this blog. I haven't posted any new entries, lately, due to the fact that things have been, mostly, uneventful. Keith has been feeling quite a bit better, walking without a limp; not having as much back pain; exercising a bit more control over his environment and in general acting more like his old self. These are all good things. 
     Today we go to get his labs done and meet with his oncologist. Next Monday he gets his fourth chemo, which leaves two more, and then four weeks after his last chemo he will get a PET/CT, which will show if there is any cancer left in his body. If there is none we get to hear the good news, for which, we have been waiting; YOU ARE IN REMISSION! That will be a great day.
     We have felt God's presence throughout this difficult season in our lives. There have been some frightening moments; some bone wearying moments; some top of the mountain moments; and some deep in the valley moments, but through them all there has been a sense of peace that can only be explained by the presence of God. Looking back, I can see there was only one set of footprints in the sand, telling me that God has been carrying us all along. During the darkest days of this journey God showed us the way. Our world was shaken to its core, a 15 on the Richter scale, complete with super heated, bubbling, lava and only His presence could have prevented us from falling into the fissures. Thank you Father for your unfailing love and mercy.
     The time has flown by, so far, and I hope it continues to do so. Knowing, that for the most part, [there will be years of follow up before he's considered cured] this will be behind us soon is a most pleasant thought. This whole experience has been, in its own way, a blessing. It has given me a new perspective on life, in general; what to value and what to dismiss. I have wasted far too much time in my life fretting over the inconsequential. 

As it says in scripture; 
Luke 12:25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

God is pretty clear on this issue and yet time after time I seem to think my worrying will change the outcome of any given situation. You would think I would learn my lesson, well, think again! I take no pride in admitting that I fail this area of my life quite often. That is why in this present difficult time I am determined to lean on God's word and trust that He will oversee the outcome. At present we are enduring four separate trials and so far I haven't given into Satan's tricks. Oh, he knows my weaknesses and comes slithering into my life, entangling himself around my feet, just trying to trip me up. Not this time, not this time! 

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity 
   between you and the woman, 
   and between your offspring[a] and hers; 
he will crush[b] your head, 
   and you will strike his heel.”

I intend to crush his head! So, stay out of my life and away from my family because from here on out gone are the soft, fuzzy slippers and out come the steal tip boots! That's right, you heard me. I may be a woman but I DO have steal tip boots and I know how to use them. You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment